Date:      Sat, 31 Jan 2004 21:29:49 +0100
From:      Didier Wiroth <didier.wiroth@mcesr.etat.lu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   "scroll lock" vs "shift page up" keys usage

Hi,
(fbsd novice using bash2)
I switched from csh to bash2 today.

I was wondering if it is possible under bash2 to scroll the screens in the ttyv0-6 consoles with "shift page up" and "shift page down". In csh I've always used "Scroll lock" but I thought under bash it is possible.

When under X with xterm you can browse the screens with "shift page up" and "shift page down".

In some linux distros that uses bash "shift page down and up" are a normal feature. Is this a shell feature, you have to activate in your bash_profile/bashrc file or is this a freebsd syscons driver limitation?

many thanks