Date:      Mon, 22 May 95 14:10:19 METDST
From:      Marino.Ladavac@aut.alcatel.at
To:        dog@lechien.demon.co.uk
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Ingres Package for 2.x?

> Does anyone know where a package/port containing Ingres for version 2.x of
> FreeBSD can be found?  Or alternatively, would anyone know what would
> need to be done to the port which comes on the 1.1R CD?

> The 1.1R port needs to be built with gcc 1.x; I've already
> tried hacking it to compile with gcc 2.6.3, but (surprise,
> surprise) it dumps core (specifically, equel dumps core in a
> yacc routine; don't know why, yet).

I'm also trying to get the same thing done.  Can we join the forces?

BTW, I'm using the source from bsdi.com, patched for BSD/OS 1.1.  There are
some obvious problems with lseek using long instead of off_t, which I was
changing this morning.  I'll try the first compile tonight, and I can
inform you how it went.

Could you please tell me what changes did you make so that I know what to
look for?

/Alby