Date:      Sat, 17 Nov 2001 09:53:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org, nik@freebsd.org
Subject:   empty index.html in /usr/www?

I have been building the freebsd web site locally for a while - right
now the main index.html is empty.  The makefile is outputting the
file, but the result is empty... 0 bytes.

/usr/local/bin/xsltproc -nonet -o index.html  /usr/www/en/index.xsl /usr/www/en/news/news.xml

I have

SGML_ROOT=/usr/local/share/sgml
SGML_CATALOG_FILES=${SGML_ROOT}/jade/catalog
SGML_CATALOG_FILES=${SGML_ROOT}/iso8879/catalog:$SGML_CATALOG_FILES
SGML_CATALOG_FILES=${SGML_ROOT}/html/catalog:$SGML_CATALOG_FILES
SGML_CATALOG_FILES=${SGML_ROOT}/docbook/catalog:$SGML_CATALOG_FILES
SGML_CATALOG_FILES=/usr/doc/share/sgml/catalog:$SGML_CATALOG_FILES
export SGML_CATALOG_FILES

in my .profile and am using a completely up-to-date docproj port - is
there something else I am missing?  All of the SGML stuff seems to
build fine.

I also have

ENGLISH_ONLY=YES
NOPORTSCVS=YES
PORTSBASE=/usr

in /etc/make.conf

Sorry for bothering the list but I see nothing special about .xsl in
the documentation project intro...

- Mike H.