Date:      Sat, 14 Apr 2001 17:37:54 +0200 (West-Europa (zomertijd))
From:      Rogier Steehouder <r.j.steehouder@student.utwente.nl>
To:        <cs@mundo-r.com>
Subject:   Re: Question on FreeBsd

Mail from cs@mundo-r.com, sent 14-04-2001:

> I decided to write the distribution in a cd-rom, because I hadn't  enough
> harddrive space for making a FreeBsd partition and
> for copying the distribution to the harddrive to make a DOS installation.
> So I boot my computer using the two floppies and then I chose the cd-rom
> installation. But when the copying packets' process had to start, it says
> that can't found any FreeBsd distribution in the CD-ROM, but it's not true.

Did you write the ISO image to CD as an image or as a file? If you look at
it in Windows, does it contain 1 file or a directory structure?

> I use the command: "mount_cd9660 cd0a /mnt/cdrom1".

IDE CD drives are called /dev/acd[01]c, so try:
  mount -t 9660 /dev/acd0c /mnt/cdrom1

with kind regards, Rogier Steehouder

--
-O_\ Rogier Steehouder                                //
/ \  http://home.student.utwente.nl/r.j.steehouder/ //  \