Date:      Fri, 19 Apr 2002 15:10:14 -0500
From:      "Steven Ames" <steve@virtual-voodoo.com>
To:        "Gordon Tetlow" <gordont@gnf.org>, "Tomi Vainio - Sun Finland -" <Tomi.Vainio@Sun.COM>
Cc:        <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Preserving Solaris disklabel when installing FreeBSD?

Slightly off topic... but after installing freebsd (on the whole disk
including
updating the bootblocks), my Solaris 8 CD won't install anymore. Its
pretty funny. For kicks I tried Solaris 6 and it would install. Solaris 7
also
did. But 8 always gets an 'unable to format' error. Not that I care overmuch
as I'm eagerly waiting for FBSD/sparc64 to be able to 'make world' locally
and run X.

The above was on an ultra5 and an IDE disk using the 20020303 and
20020408 ISO.

-Steve