Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 2021 15:04:16 -0400
From:      Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: OS to replace FreeBSD

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 2:26 PM Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net> wrote:

> You are a complete asshole. The simple fact the the controller in
> question, and here I am assuming it is the controller, does not
> function correctly under FreeBSD, versions >= 11.x, but apparently does
> function under other OSs, is prima facie proof that it is not supported.

As has been pointed out *MANY* times already in the thread just because
other OS's make something work by being lazy about how a standard is
implemented does not mean there is nothing non-standard with any given
hardware.   It only means that if anything the other OS's are being less
strict then they should be about how they interpret the standard thus when
a OS that actually does care about that strictness and doing things "right"
has a problem with the non-standard hardware it is the fault of the
OS?!?!?!   That is as insane as the NRA saying bullets from guns don't kill
people.

> I have seen zero proof that anyone is actively working on this
> phenomenon. The fact the the bug was first reported over a year ago
> would seem to indicate that it is not attracting any attention. The
> fact that it did work once under older versions reinforces my belief
> that someone screwed up the code in the newer versions.

HPS offering to look into it in detail 18 days ago with a bunch of other
work done on it late last month means it is being actively worked on.   HPS
even asked for SSH access to the machine which is quite doable of a live
CD/memstick which in itself does not  require an install.... so the bottom
line is you have been given many many opportunities to help out and you
refuse to do any of them... the only thing you do is sit here and whine
about how no one is fixing it -- how are they supposed to fix it if you
refuse to at least help there testing?