Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 1997 14:55:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dara Ghahremani <dara@salk.edu>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installing network cards

The machine is a Dell XPS P133c running AMIBIOS A02 with 64 MB RAM.
It's running IDE w/ one disk. The dmesg scrolls too quickly off the screen
for me to tell if it uses CMD640b IDE (neither "more" or any editor is
installed on the local disk). I don't see any reference to the L1 or L2
cache in the BIOS setup.

The machine gets to the point where it's pingable from another host and
telneting works until after the password is entered. Then, the system
doesn't respond to control-Cs as I described in a previous message.

By the way, the machine works fine when I change to the previous 3COM 509
card so I believe there is something about this 3COM 595c card that is
bringing about these problems. Perhaps the author of the vx0 driver for
this card would know what's going on?

Dara