Date:      Tue, 26 Jun 2001 01:48:03 -0700
From:      "Robert L Sowders" <rsowders@usgs.gov>
To:        Volker Stolz <stolz@I2.Informatik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
Cc:        mujahidin@egypt.net, owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CD-RW <CD-W54E> at ata1-master using PIO4

Yes it can, I even hacked a module for webmin to do just that.

Volker Stolz <stolz@I2.Informatik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
Sent by: owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
06/25/2001 01:52 AM

=20
        To:     mujahidin@egypt.net, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
        cc:=20

In local.freebsd-stable, you wrote:
>  I have a CD-RW <CD-W54E> (TEAC). Someone to know is it posible to use
> cdrecord/mkisofs on it or must be SCSI dev ?

cdrecord is only for SCSI on FreeBSD. Use /usr/sbin/burncd.
You may find /usr/share/examples/worm/makecdfs.sh helpful, too.

> Is there any program   that can write cd blanks with this drive ?

You mean blanking? 'burncd' can do this, too.
--=20
Abstrakte Syntaxtr=E4ume.
Volker Stolz * stolz@i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de * PGP + S/MIME