Date:      Sat, 25 Sep 2004 08:03:07 +0530
From:      Joseph Koshy <joseph.koshy@gmail.com>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   [HEADS-UP]: Unified diffs in periodic/security email

As of  2004/09/23 02:00:51 freefall time, the default output format
for 'diff' output in
-current from periodic(8) is now "-b -u".   A knob
'daily_status_security_diff_flags'  has
been added (see periodic.conf(5)) for users who wish to customize
their diff output
further.

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:05:14 +0300, Giorgos Keramidas
<keramida@freebsd.org> wrote:
> I've been running my systems at home and work with the following diff
> for some time.  I tend to prefer the unified diff output format than the
> default diff -b output.
>
> Does anyone else like this?  Any ideas for making the diff format
> configurable in periodic.conf (i.e. to making it easy to switch between
> diff -u and diff -c output)?

[snip]