Date:      Sat, 08 Mar 2003 10:01:08 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        akruijff@dds.nl
Cc:        scott mcclellan <scottmcclellan@starband.net>, "'Nigel Soon'" <ns@sundive.homeunix.net>, freebsd-questions@FREEBSD.org, freebsd-newbies@FREEBSD.org
Subject:   Re: A huge THANK YOU!!!!!

akruijff@dds.nl wrote:
> Citeren Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>:
>
>>scott mcclellan wrote:
>>
>>>Was there anything about ISO imaging anywhere that I just missed or
>>>slipped over without actually reading? I didn't notice anything on the
>>>FreeBSD site or handbook.
>>
>>Unfortunately, I think this is one of those things that it's just
>>_assumed_ that everybody knows.  I've never seen a good explanation,
>>anywhere of what an iso is and how it should be handled.
>
> If you mean making your own iso image then have a look at "Making
> Customized Bootable FreeBSD CD/Floppies". As to buring it. I use the
> same approce as the author of this. I use a Windows computer. :o

That's my point.  If you want to know how to create your own CDs and
build bootable CDs and things like that, there are articles everywhere.
However, if you're _very_ new and just want to burn an iso that you've
downloaded, there's no basic introduction to what you're doing and how
to go about it.

I need to do some writing.

--
Bill Moran