Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 1998 18:07:14 -0700
From:      "David E. Tweten" <tweten@frihet.com>
To:        Paul Traina <pst@juniper.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MFS in -stable?

pst@juniper.net said:
>How happy are folks with the MFS filesystem in stable.  Is it solid or
>still badly hosed?

What's your definition of "badly hosed?"  I've used it for /tmp for as long
as I can remember, and have never had a problem with it.

It _is_ a bit of a hack.  I don't believe anybody has done anything
significant to it since the current encarnation arrived as part of 4.4 BSD,
which means it still runs at half the speed it could, worries about cylinder
groups, and pays no attention to locality of reference in virtual memory.

Still, half memory speed is a _lot_ faster than any disk, and it has always
been rock reliable for me.
--
David E. Tweten           |  2047-bit PGP fingerprint:  |  tweten@frihet.com
12141 Atrium Drive        |   E9 59 E7 5C 6B 88 B8 90   |     tweten@and.com