Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 02:20:25 -0700
From:      Janet Sullivan <eliyanah@techie.com>
To:        david fletcher <davidfletcher@metconnect.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installing and running bsd on an amd athlon computer

I'm running FreeBSD on K6, K6-2, and Athlon machines, so yes, AMD chips
are fine. :-) I also run the x86 version of Solaris 8 on an Athlon.
Although I prefer FreeBSD a thousand times more than Slowaris, if that's
what you are studying you might want to at least dual boot between
FreeBSD and Solaris.