Date:      Tue, 21 Aug 2001 02:34:42 -0500
From:      Jim Bryant <kc5vdj@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   syscons VTY switch panic...

I am getting this with regularity now.

The one time I was available to see the panic, I forgot to go into the debugger and do a traceback, but it had something to do with
a mwrite, and had a line concerning [maybe a buffer is....?]...

I know this isn't much to go on, but that's what I have.  I'll get more info when I feel like wasting ten or fifteen minutes for a
double-reboot...  [is it necessary to do the `shutdown -r now` to write a new entropy, or can we just keep going if it boots without
the proper entropy?]...

I have pretty much isolated this to VTY switching via syscons.  Occasionally, it will leave the system speaker in a constant tone
until it reboots.  This is very noticable then X exits.

jim
--
ET has one helluva sense of humor!
He's always anal-probing right-wing schizos!