Date:      Tue, 9 Sep 2014 02:29:54 +0200
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely7.cicely.de>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Cc:        Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely7.cicely.de>
Subject:   Re: Crochet partition alignment

   start: 94
Consumers:
1. Name: mmcsd0s2
   Mediasize: 31425805312 (29G)
   Sectorsize: 512
   Stripesize: 4194304
   Stripeoffset: 2114560
   Mode: r1w1e2

There are 63 sectors per track in MBR table.
s1 starts at sector 16443 in track 261.
This is an uneven 512 byte sector number, so it starts at 512 Byte
alignment only.
Leaves the question why 261 tracks are left out when it still isn't
aligned?

s2, which is what I care most about, starts at 118818.
This is even, but only once divideable by 2.
It is at a 1024 alignment - still not the needed >= 4k for SD cards.

Inside s2 the a partition starts at 48128 (+118818 from provider).
Again lost space.
By itself it would be a 512k alignment - more than perfect, though I
don't think it requires such a big waste, but with the mmcsd0s2 provider
alignemt it's still only 1k.

--
B.Walter <bernd@bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de