Date:      Fri, 12 Oct 2001 13:05:24 -0700
From:      David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
To:        Chris Huisman <chuisman@telusplanet.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: increasing disk space for /tmp

Chris Huisman wrote:

> How do I increase disc space for a directory such as /tmp?

Ouch! This is a quesion for freebsd-questions. There is an easy
solution, but it doesn't belong on this list.

I do sympathize though. In my last isntall on my new computer, I took
the default of 20MB for /var, and it has proven to be too small, even on
a stand alone desktop. /var/db/pkg runs around 11MB, and several
applications insist on using /var/tmp instead of /tmp, so I occasionally
run out of room.

David