Date:      Fri, 3 May 2002 20:25:43 -0600
From:      Zach Thompson <hideo@lastamericanempire.com>
To:        Nick Lozinsky <kozak@wi.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mutt: what's with the users?

* Nick Lozinsky <kozak@wi.rr.com> [2002-05-03 20:08]:
> On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 02:14:29PM -0600, Zach Thompson wrote:
> > * Nick Lozinsky <nl3481@wi.rr.com> [2002-05-03 13:18]:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've installed mutt, and it works, finally; along with fetchmail,
> > > but, the only way I can mail from mutt, is if I create a local
> > > user that has the same handle as the mail account that my ISP's
> > > mail account that I'm using, and if I name my box the same domain
> > > name as my ISP's domain name. If I change these parameters to
> > > anything else, I get an error, regarding a Child Error 127;
> > > Im assuming this has to do with sendmail, does this have to do
> > > with the -oem -oi args or is these aliasing, or forwarding in-
> > > volved?
> >
> > What does your ~/.fetchmailrc look like? Do your rules contain:
> >
> >         ...is "localuser" here
> >

> > where "localuser" is your login?
> >

> > Zach Thompson
>
> Hi Zach,
>
> No, I do not have anything associated with the localhost in my
> fetchmail script. It all relates to the ISP's info, with the
> server, protocol and user and pass.

I would give it try. From the fetchmail manpage:

         A single local name can be  used  to  support  redirecting
         your mail when your username on the client machine is dif-
         ferent from your name on the mailserver.   When there  is
         only  a single local name, mail is forwarded to that local
         username regardless of the message's Received, To, Cc, and
         Bcc  headers.

For instance,

  poll pop3.somewhere.net proto pop3
   user "SomeGuy" pass "bleh" is "sguy" here;

should deliver fetched mail to /var/mail/sguy.