Date:      Fri, 09 Apr 1999 22:33:33 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Kenneth Ingham <ingham@i-pi.com>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Interesting problem: chowning files sent via FTP

Is this so? I was under the impression that the default group of a
new file was the login group of the creator, as specified in /etc/passwd.

As for the setgid-on-execution bit: there's no documentation on what it
does when set on a directory. The chmod(1) man page doesn't say anything.
Does it change the group ownership of newly created files?

--Brett