Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 1998 00:25:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Dima Dorfman <webmaster@zwb.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Modem Software

On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, Dima Dorfman wrote:

> I'm looking for kermit, not minicom.  And when I went to configure minicom,
> it asked ME where kermit is!

Hm, I'm not having much luck here.  :(

Kermit isn't available as a port due to licensing restrictions. It is
available as a port in
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/comms/kermit.  Simply grab the
directory with `get kermit.tar' then extract in /usr/ports/comms.

Am I anywhere near right?  If not, please clarify.

Sorry for not getting this right in the first place ...