Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2003 16:34:14 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   sym53c416 driver

Hi,

I am currently evaluating if I am going to write a driver for a
sym53c416 card as I could not find one. This is an older ISA PNP
SCSI card p.ex. shipped with HP Scanners.

Back in November I had at look at the linux driver for this card and
had already started to do some updating but I then almost entirly
dropped any linux here and never finished. At that time LSI Logic
Technical Support told me that the chip is obsolete and there are no
manuals available :(

If I would start hacking the driver where could I start to get an
overview of FreeBSD SCSI implementation (and API) ? ahc sources ?
Is there any isa pnp scsi card driver ?

--
Greetings

56 69 73 69 74				http://www.zabbadoz.net/