Date:      Fri, 26 May 2017 09:02:59 +0000
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6722@twc.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Document for OPTIONS syntax in /etc/make.conf, where to find?

> On 25 May 2017 at 19:47, Thomas Mueller <mueller6722@twc.com> wrote:
[...]
> > The new synth has no mechanism for configuring options; I guess that would have to be done by
> > make config-recursive ,
> > possibly several times until there is nothing more left to configure, as I did when using portupgrade and later portmaster.

> >From synth(1) man page:
     <profile>-make.conf
                       This is an optional, user-provided file. If it exists,
                       the builder's /etc/make.conf will be appended with the
                       contents of this file. For the default profile, the
                       file would normally be located at
                       /usr/local/etc/synth/LiveSystem-make.conf

> Cheers.

> Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>

Thanks for the tip.

I already have read the man page because I git-cloned synth tree from github repository.

I want to keep the Ada code for viewing, among other things.

My first attempt to build synth was on FreeBSD-current amd64 and failed when the system rebooted itself when I was sleeping.  Apparently no filesystem damage.

System came up in System Rescue CD 5.0.0 USB-stick installation.

I attribute this to FreeBSD-current instability rather than synth or ports, meaning I must first rebuild FreeBSD 11.0-STABLE amd64 installation, and then from there, FreeBSD-current amd64.

Tom