Date:      Sat, 24 Apr 2004 14:55:56 -0500
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        gerard-seibert@rcn.com
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Using One Floppy Drive as Two Drives

Gerard Seibert wrote:

>This is probably very simple, but I can not seem to get it to work.
>
>I have one physical 3.5" 1.44MB drive. It is configured as /dev/fd0. Is there
>a way that I can also configure this drive to be /dev/fd1. The reason is that
>I have an alias command : alias A:='sudo mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt' in
>my .bashrc file. I would like to add another command using B: instead of A:
>and have the file system be NFS instead of msdos.
>
>Is any of this possible?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Gerard Seibert
>gerard-seibert@rcn.com

Heh, that alias looks a tad familiar ;)

What have you tried?  You should be able
to just have the alias point to the same device
entry.

You might also be able to create a symlink
to the device; I just tried this on 5.2 (as root,
of course):

$cd /dev
$ln -s fd0 fdnew
$mount -t msdos /dev/fdnew /mnt
$ls /mnt

No issues.
But, isn't "NFS" ~ "network file system."  Are
you sure of what you're asking for, there?

Kevin Kinsey