Date:      Sat, 3 Mar 2018 14:36:49 +0000
From:      NAGY Andreas <Andreas.Nagy@frequentis.com>
To:        Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>, "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   =?iso-8859-1?Q?RE:_NFS_4.1_RECLAIM=5FCOMPLETE_FS=A0failed_error_in_combin?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?ation_with_ESXi_client?=

Hi and thanks!

First time using/needing a patch could you give me a short advise how to us=
e it and for which version?

So far I have made a fresh FreeBSD 11.1 RELEASE install as a VM on a ESXi h=
ost updated the system and did a svn checkout http://svn.freebsd.org/base/r=
elease/11.1.0/

Then tried to apply the patch in /usr/src/sys via patch < /tmp/reclaimcom2.=
patch

Output was:=20
Hmm...  Looks like a unified diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|--- fs/nfsserver/nfs_nfsdserv.c.savrecl        2018-02-10 20:34:31.1664450=
00 -0500
|+++ fs/nfsserver/nfs_nfsdserv.c        2018-02-10 20:36:07.947490000 -0500
Patching file fs/nfsserver/nfs_nfsdserv.c using Plan A...
No such line 4225 in input file, ignoring
Hunk #1 succeeded at 4019 (offset -207 lines).
done

So I think this was not correct, as I also noticed that nfs_nfsdserv.c 4102=
 lines.

andi