Date:      17 Mar 2003 16:37:21 -0800
From:      Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
To:        Paul Boehmer <paul@pboehmer.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86 4.3.0 Matrox/MultiHead (Long!)

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 09:10, Paul Boehmer wrote:
> I have a test box that had been running X 4.2 in a multihead config for a
> while now (1 Nvidia TNT2 AGP, and 2 Matrox Millennium/Mystique PCI Cards).
> I upgraded yesterday to 4.3.0 only to find out that any attempts to run X
> result in a complete console lockup (still have access via ssh).  Since
> the box was running 5.0, I loaded 4.8-RC from scratch this morning only to
> find the same problem.
>
> Using a 4.2.x standby XF86Config, X works fine when running a single card
> (either TNT or Matrox).  I get console lockups when attempting to run
> multiple cards.
>
> I experience the same problem when attempting to run xf86cfg.

Just a heads up on this one: It's a problem in the generic int10
module.  Linux folks haven't noticed it because by they use a
linux-specific int10 module by default.  One of the XFree86 developers
has reproduced it, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

--
Eric Anholt                                eta@lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt@FreeBSD.org