Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 11:06:32 EDT
From:      Boomerkitten@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   loading freebsd-unix

--part1_fd.7cd3497.285b7e78_boundary

Dear FreeBSD,
       I am interested in loading UNIX onto my computer but I know almost
nothing about operating systems.  I am currently running Windows98.  If I
download FreeBSD/UNIX, will I overwrite and destroy my existing operating
system?
       In a networking class that I am taking, the machine has both the
Microsoft 98 operating system and UNIX.  If you hit f1, Windows loads, if you
hit f2, UNIX loads.  Will I end up with something like that.
       I'm very much interested in experimenting with UNIX, but not at the
cost of trashing my existing system.
Thanks,  Boomerkitten@aol.com

--part1_fd.7cd3497.285b7e78_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Dear FreeBSD,
<BR> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I am interested in loading UNIX onto my computer but I know almost
<BR>nothing about operating systems. &nbsp;I am currently running Windows98. &nbsp;If I
<BR>download FreeBSD/UNIX, will I overwrite and destroy my existing operating
<BR>system? &nbsp;
<BR> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;In a networking class that I am taking, the machine has both the
<BR>Microsoft 98 operating system and UNIX. &nbsp;If you hit f1, Windows loads, if you
<BR>hit f2, UNIX loads. &nbsp;Will I end up with something like that. &nbsp;
<BR> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm very much interested in experimenting with UNIX, but not at the
<BR>cost of trashing my existing system.
<BR>Thanks, &nbsp;Boomerkitten@aol.com </FONT></HTML>

--part1_fd.7cd3497.285b7e78_boundary--