Date:      Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:04:34 -0400
From:      Lanny Baron <LBaron@FreeBSDsystems.COM>
To:        Uzi Klein <uzi@bmby.com>
Cc:        freebsd-database@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD hardware solution for a database server

Uzi,

What you may want to do is have an external RAID system attached with
many smaller hard drives, and run in a RAID-10 for better performance.
You should be using a PCI-Express RAID Controller to attach that
external RAID.

If you do the above, make sure you add one or two hot-spare drives.
Regards,
Lanny Baron
http://www.FreeBSDsystems.COM
Fine Quality High Performance Rackmount