Date:      Mon, 16 Sep 2002 10:16:08 -0400
From:      Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        Pookie <madriax@garlic.com>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org, FreeBSD-Hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IF you like your NVIDIA Graphics card

"Matthew N. Dodd" wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Sep 2002, Pookie wrote:
> > If your running FreeBSD and have a NVIDIA graphics card please go to the
> > link below and petition for drivers
> >
> > http://php50.com/bsd_nvdriver_now/en.htm
>
> FreeBSD is already on NVIDIA's radar.
>
> The driver has already been ported.
>
> I'm told that all the standard Linux games work just fine (Q3, Tribes2,
> RtCW, the UT2003 demo etc.)
>
> As those who have been following this topic know the drivers will be
> released "any day now".

The drivers have been "right around the corner" and "any day now" for
several months now.  ATI keeps letting me down in the drivers department
on Windows, but it looks like I'm not going to get a choice on the
matter.  My G200 isn't going to hold out much longer with these new
3D games coming on the market (heck, it's already fallen off of the
side of most boxes, and WCIII is a real workout for it).  I don't want
to loose support for Mindrover though, it's kinda foolish to upgrade
to a card with super fast 3D that you can't use most of the time (I
only reboot to Windows for Warcraft).

--
  \  |_ _|__ __|_ \ __| Jason Andresen        jandrese@mitre.org
 |\/ |  |    |    / _|  Network and Distributed Systems Engineer