Date:      Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:19:42 +0200
From:      bsd@perimeter.co.za
To:        "FreeBSD Question List" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Ports Name changes

Hi all.

Occasionally ports have their names changed (as happened yesterday with
autoconf and automake).  Now when I run portupgrade I keep getting warnings
that the names have changed, though there is no upgrade required.

What steps should I follow to correct the names of my installed ports to
match the latest names in the ports tree?

would a portupgrade -f of each renamed port do the trick?  Or would that be
like using a bulldozer to skim a bowl of custard?

Regards,
Patrick.