Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 95 13:00:04 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        hlew@genome.Stanford.EDU (Howard Lew)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: BSDI binary emulation

> I was wondering how well BSDI binaries work with FreeBSD 2.0R or SNAPs...

You must have just missed:

] Date: Thu, 20 Apr 1995 13:31:20 -0500 (EST)
] From: NatureBoy <mephisto@nosferatu.cas.usf.edu>
] To: hackers@FreeBSD.org
] Subject: TIA running on 3/22 snap
]
] Just a note to say that a coworker of mine bought TIA for BSDI and
] slapped it on his 3/22 snapshot machine and put it through it's paces as
] a slip server.  His report is that it works great slipping in from home
] with his laptop running running windoz.  No info as to FreeBSD's
] ability to use it as a slip server.  The only problem (sorta) he found
] with it is that all icmp packets and some udp packets fail.
]
] Joseph Orthoefer

Or more directly, "Pretty darn good!".

> Netscape binaries work great!  But when I tried the BSDI binary for
> Mosaic 2.5, it segment faulted and dumped core.

You should do a trace of it (look up "trace" and "ktrace" in the man
pages) and report where it fails so that it can be fixed.

> Oh by the way, is there a Mosaic version that supports 16bpp?

I haven't seen one; typically, you will need an external viewer or
NetScape.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---