Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 1998 20:03:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        ve@sci.fi, mph@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, mph@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/6866

Synopsis: Upgrade of fetchmail to version 4.4.9

State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
State-Changed-By: mph
State-Changed-When: Wed Jun 10 22:58:28 EDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:
I am concerned about adding the RUN_DEPENDS for python, considering that
it is only necessary for the configuration utility, and not for the
operation of fetchmail itself.  This dependency forces the user to
have Python, Tk80, and X11 installed, which seems a little excessive.

I have sent an email to freebsd-ports (CC'd to you) to discuss whether

the RUN_DEPENDS is the best way to handle thiis new utility.

Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-ports->mph
Responsible-Changed-By: mph
Responsible-Changed-When: Wed Jun 10 22:58:28 EDT 1998
Responsible-Changed-Why:
I will commit this port, when there is a consensus about the Python
issue.  Or as close to a consensus as we get...