Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 1997 02:23:18 -0700
From:      "Jeffrey VanderWal" <jvande@cadvision.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Uninstalling

I am a system administrator at a school that has a server that once had
FreeBSD on it.  Since our last administrator refused to part with his login
password etc, we have formatted the HD and are attempting to install new
hardware in the machine.  Unfortunately, we cannot seem to boot the machine
any longer.  I realize that FreeBSD uses "unique" boot MBRs.  How do I
completely uninstall it?  I have unplugged all extra cards in our server,
unplugged the hard drive and only the FDD remains.  I have attempted to
clear the CMOS, but the system still refuses to boot past the system config
screen.  Is this a hardware problem or did FreeBSD encode the Bios to look
at a different MBR in the FDD too?  Any help at all is appreciated.  Thanks.

Jeff

jvande@cadvision.com              \\|//
(403)210-0324                     (0-0)