Date:      Mon, 4 Jul 2005 14:14:46 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Achilleus Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to improve FreeBSD (was: Re: FreeBSD's Visual Identity: Outdated?)

On 2005-07-04 11:11, Achilleus Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> wrote:

> "``eudaemonia'' is the state of being helped or protected by a kindly
> spirit. As a rule, UNIX systems seem to be infested with both daemons
> and demons."
>
> That could be a daemon of -STABLE branch, but in reality...
>
> No, eudaimonia (how its spelled in greek), it's almost
> similar to euphoria, meaning the state where the good daimons
> are in control, in general it means happiness, not safety.
>
> So eudaimonia, rather describes the -CURRENT instead!

Although I agree about the meaning of "eudaemonia", the link and
association with STABLE and/or CURRENT is at least far-fetched :P

Can we all move on and do better things that argue about demons,
daemons, evil or good spirits, the religious beliefs of everyone,
and other such not-really-beneficial-for-FreeBSD things?

If some of you want to help us improve FreeBSD, then stop arguing
about religious and spiritual things and prove you can do something
with a "real" impact on the current stateof FreeBSD, such as:

	- Submit a fix for one of the existing bugs
	- Improve an existing feature
	- Add new features
	- etc.

Regards,