Date:      Mon, 29 Apr 2002 21:02:00 +0300
From:      "Vladislav V. Zhuk" <admin@dru.dn.ua>
To:        Cy Schubert - CITS Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Big troubles with WHO !!!

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 06:59:23AM -0700, Cy Schubert - CITS Open Systems Group wrote:

> > The who(1) utility sometimes don't display some logged users.
> >
> > For example, user "test" logged to system now:
> >
> > > who
> > admin            ttyv1   29 ??? 15:51
> > admin            ttyv2   29 ??? 15:54
> > admin            ttyv3   29 ??? 15:54
> > mirosedi         ttydl   29 ??? 16:05   (:PPP)
> >
> > # last test
> > test             ttydk    :PPP             ?? 29 ??? 16:01   still logged in
> > test             ttydi    :PPP             ?? 29 ??? 15:02 - 15:04  (00:02)
> >
> > This problem appeared after my last cvsup/buildworld
> > Fri Apr 26 16:15:52 EEST 2002
> >
> > What I must do for fix this??
>
> This indicates that an application is writing to wtmp but not utmp, or
> when users log out an application is cleaning up after itself in utmp
> but not in wtmp.

this problems occurs only with pppd (sometimes, with different ttyd*)

I upgreded my FBSD to stable many times, but this trouble occurs for
the first time.

When I observe this - I MAKEDEV'ed /dev/cuaa* /dev/ttyd* again
(first time - when run mergemaster), but it don't resolve problem.

> To prove either of these theories, you need to verify
> your who and last output with ps.

No, application is same - pppd. It work good, but sometimes occurs
problem.

--
Vladislav V. Zhuk (06267)3-60-03  admin@dru.dn.ua  2:465/197@FidoNet.org