Date:      Sat, 03 Mar 2001 16:50:23 CST
From:      steve <tresstatus@bsdpunk.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pcm driver in stable broken?

What is up with the pcm sound driver in 4.2 stable?  I've been using 4.2
stable since it was first available.  I've used the pcm driver for sound
until my latest cvsup.  I cvsup'ed about 3 or 4 days ago and I keep doing
so every day to see if this problem is fixed.  When I use the line "device
    pcm" in my kernel config file to define my sound driver, every thing
compiles fine until that part.  Then I get this error:

In file included from ../../dev/sound/pcm/sound.h:90,
                 from ../../dev/sound/isa/ad1816.c:31:
./../dev/sound/pcm/channel.h:29: channel_if.h: No such file or directory
./../dev/sound/isa/ad1816.c:34: mixer_if.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/compile/HOBOBOX.

If I comment out the line for the pcm driver, it compiles fine.  Another
guy I talked to on an irc server had this same problem?  What has changed
in it?  How do I go about fixing this?

--
<><>
stephen