Date:      Sat, 24 Mar 2001 11:22:55 -0500
From:      "Andrew C. Hornback" <hornback@wireco.net>
To:        "Otter" <otterr@telocity.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Need a box, and your experience.

Umm,

	I beg to differ, but I've had 3.1 running on an 8 Meg 486/33 machine
before.  Granted, it didn't run worth a parachute full of holes at 50,000
feet, but it did boot properly.

	And as for memory being cheap, as I found out yesterday when I ordered
another stick for one of my workstations, the really cheap RAM is stuff
specific to VIA chipsets.  Thought I'd found a 256 Meg stick for $44...
turns out it was closer to twice that after I got gouged for shipping.

--- Andy