Date:      Sun, 25 Oct 1998 04:40:07 +0000
From:      Kris Kirby <kris@airnet.net>
To:        Studded <Studded@gorean.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Time calibration ?

Studded wrote:

>         The use of peering for time synchronization is often misunderstood. The
> purpose of a peer network is to keep *your* machines in synch with one
> another, as opposed to the purpose of a server -> client relationship
> which is designed to keep your network in synch with an outside source.

Hmm. I figure as much but wondered if it would actually work. I've got two
machines, a modern 75MHz machine and a 386DX-40. In practice the modern machine
keeps time *much* better than the 386. Both are set as peers and do updates over
the 'net when I am connected. I wonder if the worse one actually skews the time
on the better one.
--
Kris Kirby
UAH Mail <kirbyk@email.uah.edu> UAH CS <kkirby@cs.uah.edu>