Date:      Thu, 1 Apr 2004 16:30:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dru <dlavigne6@sympatico.ca>
To:        "Devon H. O'Dell" <dodell@offmyserver.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD Success Stories

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Devon H. O'Dell wrote:

> Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg wrote:
>
> > Do we have anyone at Yahoo! that could write something up for us? Yahoo!
> > must without doubt be one of the biggest feathers in FreeBSD's hat.
> >
> > I know that distributed.net runs FreeBSD. It would be nice to have
> > something from them that shows that BSD can handle massive SQL databases
> > for those that like that. I know that a lot of people for some reason
> > turns to linux/MySQL when it comes to databases. Showing that a project
> > like distributed.net with their huge databases uses FreeBSD should
> > convince atleast some people to take another look at BSD.
> >
> > Does anyone know anyone inside Yahoo! or distributed.net?
> >
> > --
>
> Not to mention Juniper, NASA, Envivio, About.com and many others. I'm
> sure Matt can get our customers to write a quick testimonial for this,
> being the great businessman he is :)
>
> Dru: is there a more concrete deadline than ``fairly quickly''?

Next Wednesday so that this particular booklet can be edited and published
in time. However, those that are under time constraints, write one up as
you can. If we get enough, we can have different versions of the booklet;
also once we have enough, we can have an URL similar to the Perl Success
Stories one.

chromatic has also indicated that he is more interested in personal
(small/medium network) stories written by those in the trenches, rather
than the big impersonal stories.

Dru