Date:      Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:13:11 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Dmitry Pryanishnikov <dmitry@atlantis.dp.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make delete-old hurts

Dmitry Pryanishnikov <dmitry@atlantis.dp.ua> wrote:

>   I've tried to use relatively recent 'make delete-old' command
> during the upgrade of stock 6.0-RELEASE to CURRENT. From /usr/src/UPDATING:

[...]

> tbl ../../../doc/util/macros.t Xtrans.mm | groff -Tps -mm  2>
> index.raw > Xtrans.nps  && mv -f Xtrans.nps Xtrans.ps
> /usr/share/tmac/m.tmac:365: can't find macro file `mm/locale'
> *** Error code 1
>
> Indeed, file /usr/share/tmac/m.tmac, line 365:
>
> .el .mso mm/locale
>
> So it seems to me that it refers to /usr/share/tmac/mm/locale, but this file
> was removed during 'make delete-old' because this file is listed in
> /usr/src/ObsoleteFiles.inc. Was this removal intentional? If yes, why
> my m.tmac still refers to mm/locale (modification date of m.tmac
> suggests that it has actually been updated during 'make
> installworld')?

Please redo the installworld run and then run "make check-old" (I may not be
able to do this simple check myself today). If mm/locale gets listed, the
addition of it to the ObsoleteFiles.inc file is wrong.

Bye,
Alexander.

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
		-- Mark Twain