Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:18:11 -0700
From:      Joshua Tinnin <krinklyfig@spymac.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        des@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xfce4 port update to 4.1.90 (4.2-BETA1)

On Sunday 17 October 2004 02:58 pm, Oliver Lehmann <lehmann@ans-netz.de>
wrote:
> Matt Lancereau wrote:
> > Since my last mail, I've cvsup src and buildworld (RELENG_5)
> > FreeBSD fly.mos.bsdfly.org 5.3-STABLE FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #1: Sun
> > Oct 17 21:54:53
> >
> > CEST 2004 , and now I've no prob with xfdesktop ... don't know
> > how/why but it's working :)
>
> Sounds nice. I've put a new patch online. No big changes.
> xfce4-session/files gets empty now, and a typo in xfce4/Makefile
> (xfce4-icon-theme dependency never suceeded because of a missing /)
> was fixed. Furthermore, I changed the xfce4-session's maintainer as
> discussed to myself.

OK, first let me apologize at being sort of new at this, but I'm
wondering what I should be doing here. Do I need to remove your
previous patch before applying the revised one, and if so how do I do
that? If not, do I just apply the new one over the old one? (Also when
I patch, I'm using essentially:

cd /usr/ports && patch -E < /localpath/to/yourpatch

which I hope is right for this situation) . Again, sorry for my naivete,
but I'd like to help test and am learning what I can.

- jt