Date:      Wed, 30 Mar 2011 01:00:11 +0200
From:      Damjan Marion <damjan.marion@gmail.com>
To:        John Nicholls <john@thinlinx.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Beagleboard stuff

On Mar 30, 2011, at 12:52 AM, John Nicholls wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-03-29 at 23:38 +0200, Damjan Marion wrote:
>> Hi,
>=20
> Hi Everyone,
>=20
> Yohanes Nugroho <yohanes@gmail.com> is working on a FreeBSD Kernel for
> the BeagleBoardXM=20
>=20
> To help speed up Kernel development I sent Yohanes a new version of
> u-boot that uses the USB device to transfer the Kernel
>=20
>>> I just had the time to test it, and I can load freebsd kernel.
>>=20
>> Fantastic, that will save a bit of time, how many seconds does it =
take
>> to load?
>=20
> About 2 seconds. It saves a lot from about 150 seconds using serial
> port.
>=20
> If anybody wants a copy of the u-boot binary and the instructions to =
use
> it just email me.
>=20
> We can't use tftp from u-boot as there is no u-boot support on the
> BeafleboardXM for the combo USB Host / Ethernet chip...

Huh, I just started writing utility to boot OMAP4 over USB, similar to =
usbboot tool from https://github.com/swetland/omap4boot but based on =
libusb, as usbboot uses native linux devfs calls.

Can you share your instructions for beagleboard? Might be also =
applicable to pandaboard.

Thanks,

Damjan=