Date:      Sun, 13 Oct 1996 02:21:15 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Adam David <adam@veda.is>
To:        danf@server1.bisnet.net (Daniel C. Fifield)
Cc:        dgy@rtd.com, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem setting up nntpd (fwd)

Daniel C. Fifield said:
> I should post the solution to my
> problem as well.  It turned out to be the nntp_access file I did not have
> it setup; therefore all connections were refused.

Glad you got it sorted out Dan. This was also the first thing that occured to
me, but I misread the symptoms as you described them. Therefore I neglected to
mention it since in the context it seemed irrelevant.

I thought:

  Trying 127.0.0.1...

but you meant:

  Trying 127.0.0.1...
  Connected to foo.bar.com
  Escape character is '^]'.
  502 foo.bar.com NNTP server can't talk to you.  Goodbye.
  Connection closed by foreign host.

The connection was accepted but the service was denied access. The best
descriptions are both concise and detailed, and get the best results.

--
Adam David <adam@veda.is>