Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2013 17:00:35 -0400
From:      Dan McDonald <danmcd@nexenta.com>
To:        <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Dumb LSI Skinny question --> MaxCmd = ?!

Hello from Illumos!

I'm trying to get Skinny support running on the Illumos version of your mfi
driver.  One thing you print at boot time is MaxCmd = %x, which is how many
MFI firmware commands the card supports.

I have a thunderbolt (2208) card with many.  I have a Skinny card that seems
to report 31/0x1f.  That's a LOT fewer.  Am I hallucinating, or worse,
reading this information from the wrong register?

I basically want a reality check on what MaxCmd is set to on a Skinny adapter
(e.g. Dell H310).

Thanks for your time and patience,
--
Daniel L. McDonald              Nexenta Systems, Inc.
Platform Engineering            "Enterprise class storage for everyone"