Date:      Thu, 2 Apr 2015 04:22:26 +1100 (EST)
From:      Dave Horsfall <dave@horsfall.org>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: port maintainer wants to change port maintainer email address

On Wed, 1 Apr 2015, joeb1 wrote:

> I maintain 4 different ports. The port maintainer email address listed
> with the ports have been harvested by spammers and I am now receiving
> over 100 spam emails per email address each day.

Doesn't a1poweruser.com use spam filters such as the various DNSBLs?  On a
bad week, I may get 10 and reject 500.

Can FreeBSD protect the email addresses somehow, such as requiring
Javascript to decode them?

I assume that the spam in question doesn't come straight from FreeBSD's
servers of course (unlike a lot of other spam).

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)   "Those who don't understand security will suffer."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)