Date:      Mon, 18 May 2015 10:06:15 +0000
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        m.alberoni@cineca.it, vg@freebsd.org, ryoon@netbsd.org, pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: qpdfview-0.4.3_4

from Marco Alberoni:

> Hello, is this port still mantained? The current qpdfview version available on
> the https://launchpad.net/qpdfview page is 0.4.14 ...

I have only xpdf installed on FreeBSD for viewing PDFs.

But I notice in distinfo that FreeBSD ports' version of qpdfview is 0.4.3 and NetBSD pkgsrc has qpdf 0.4.

I just tested on market-report.pdf from Creation Gardens (www.whatchefswant.com), look for market report, get HTML version, click on Print Friendly Version.

On NetBSD-current amd64 (7.99.15), xpdf and mupdf worked fine, epdfview failed to render some parts, while qpdfview (which took three hours to build despite 32 GB RAM) couldn't find pdf plugin and failed totally.

Maybe 0.4.14 would work better?

I wish I could be more helpful, but that was my first experience with qpdf or qpdfview.

Tom