Date:      Sun, 29 Oct 2017 15:15:33 +1030
From:      Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@ShaneWare.Biz>
To:        blubee blubeeme <gurenchan@gmail.com>, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD multimedia

On 27/10/2017 12:43, blubee blubeeme wrote:
> For instance is it possible to use Alsa/OSS to control midi keyboards and
> link synths and DAW gether without Jack running?

It will depend on what you have/plan to use.

I use lmms and hydrogen, I use oss for audio and run jack for midi as
jack is the only way I have found to get a USB midi keyboard to work.

My jack midi patch has been merged into lmms but has not made it into
the ports tree yet.

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler