Date:      Fri, 8 Jun 2001 07:31:55 -0700
From:      chip.wiegand@simrad.com
To:        Mike Squires <mikes@ct980320-b.blmngtn1.in.home.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: smbd problem, here's the log errors

Thanks for the smb.conf. Mine is fine, I'll add it below anyway. As mentioned
previously,
all was working just fine until the machine was rebooted, first time in almost 3
months.
I can kill the smbd and nmbd processes, restart them, and not be able to connect
to the
shares. testparm shows all is fine, nmblookup works, smbclient works. But
getting to the
shares from NT explorer doesn't work.
Here's my smb.conf:
[global]
        null passwords = yes
        log file = /var/log/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        dns proxy = No
        password server = simrad_1
        preferred master = no
        encrypt passwords = yes
        path = /usr/home/
        server string = Samba Server
        workgroup = SIMDOM
        protocol = NT1
        local master = No
        security = server
        wins server = 157.237.65.101
        writable = yes
        username map = /usr/local/etc/user.map

[website]
        comment = Web Site Mirror/Development
        path = /usr/local/apache/htdocs/

[Chip]
        path = /usr/home/chip/

[Pete]
        path = /usr/home/pha/

[cgi]
        path = /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/

Chip Wiegand
Computer Services
www.simradusa.com
chip.wiegand@simrad.com
Simrad, Inc
Lynnwood, WA
425-712-1138

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
 --Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977
          (-- Then why do I have nine? Somebody help me!)

Mike Squires <mikes@ct980320-b.blmngtn1.in.home.com> on 06/07/2001 09:17:58 PM
Internet mail from: