Date:      Sat, 14 Nov 1998 17:51:22 -0700 (MST)
From:      Wayne Bouchard <web@typo.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   scsi cdrom issue

Okay, I have a question...

I just installed a scsi cdrom but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to
want to function propperly. Upon boot, I get the following messages:

  aic0 at 0x340-0x35f irq 11 on isa
  aic0 waiting for scsi devices to settle
  (aic0:1:0): "TOSHIBA CD-ROM XM-6201TA 1037" type 5 removable SCSI 2
  cd0(aic0:1:0): CD-ROM can't get the size

In the kernel, I already have SCSI_DELAY=15 enabled for another
device.

I know I don't have any ID conflicts and the chain is propperly
terminated (this is actually the first device in a chain of three.)

My question is first: Why the heck does the kernel care about the size
of the cdrom on boot? That seems more like something that mount_cd9660
would want to figure out.

Second.. As a result of this, when I go to mount either /dev/cd0a or
/dev/cd0c, I get "device not configured" as a result of the above
error message.. anyone have any words of advice?

-Wayne