Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 1995 04:45:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        combssf@salem.ge.com, hackers@freebsd.org, ache@astral.msk.su
Subject:   Re: Problems with remote Netscape2.0..

> >I've seen the same thing, and not yet been able to figure it out.  It's not
> >just with FreeBSD, I've seen it on my Sparc at work while trying to display
> >on my FBSD box at home!
> >> I can succesfully start X-programs logging to main host such as
> >> xeys, xftp, etc, but when I start netscape it says that:
> >> Can't open display: <my_host_name>:0.0
> >> Does anybody have experience on this thing?
>
>    It hasn't ever worked. The only work-around is to specify the IP address of
> the server - e.g.:
>
> setenv DISPLAY 198.76.54.32:0.0

Works for me.  Thanks.  Much nicer than the old Mosaic; I guess I should
put a FreeBSD system down in the house now.  Unfortunately that means
braving this world of DOS/Windows/FreeBSD partitions that I've managed
to avoid up til now.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936