Date:      Sat, 20 Apr 2002 01:46:16 +0200
From:      "Jose Antonio R." <pionino@infonegocio.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Keyboard Flags.

Hello everybody here :)

Well, I am a very very newbie to freebsd and I have started with it with a
bit of but luck ;).

The problem that I am having is that when I start the installation from the
installation cd, it seems that the keyboard is not properly initialized, as
I can read something saying that atkbd0 flags 0x01 returned 6 or something
similar (I can read it well because it dissapears quickly).

I have searched througth the news and people says that I must to put in the
kernel config file in the atkbd0 section the flags to 0x02, but how I can do
it?.

Remember that I am installing freebsd for the first time and the keyboard is
dead when the sysinstall screen appears. Could I download a custom boot
floppy with this flag changed?.

Thanks in advance.

(I donīt know if  is relevant but I am using an asus a7v with a k7-1300,
gforce2, 458 Mb Ram, the hd is in the ide controller not in the promise one,
and I am using an acer ps2 keyboard ( and yes, I have disabled the virus
warning in the bios) )
(Sorry for my english ;P)