Date:      Sat, 30 Jun 2001 21:50:27 -0400
From:      parv <parv_@yahoo.com>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: teTex & libwww: what's the big idea?

so, Mike Meyer shared this in my lifetime...
> parv <parv_@yahoo.com> types:
> > so i was installing html2ps, thus teTex and i noticed that it
> > "lib-depends" on libwww... now why would a text processing software
> > need (to care about) libwww?
>
> If you read the html2ps man page, you can feed it a URL to print. It
> uses libwww to fetch the pages in that case.
>
> 	<mike

i knew as soon as i send the message that people would take "it" for
"html2ps" instead of "teTex" ... i should have explicitly used the word
"teTex" instead of "it" as in...

  ...i noticed that teTex "lib-depends" on libwww... now why would
  teTex need (to care about) libwww?

i am perfectly okay if html2ps depends on the libwww and it does
"BUILD_DEPENDS" on p5-libwww. so my beef is w/ teTex needing libwww
not w/ html2ps needing it.

--
 so, do you like word games or scrabble?