Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:23:01 -0500
From:      Andrew Hesford <ajh3@chmod.ath.cx>
To:        Mark George <msg@tessera.co.uk>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 02:31:07PM +0100, Mark George wrote:
> I am in dia need of help. I have installed Qmail on a P200 with no problems.
> I have in addition installed all the KDE packages. I am wanting to run the
> system with X window but I can't for the hell of me get it to work. Could
> you please advise me of any tips you could give me to sort this before my
> boss has my head?
>
> Many thanks.
>

> Mark George
> IT Support
> Tessera Credit Services Ltd.
>
>  www.tessera.co.uk
>  msg@tessera.co.uk

For an IT professional, it doesn't seem very professional to have a
subject line consisting of "HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Weren't you ever instructed on the proper etiquette of email? I'll give
you a hint, it's not significantly different from standard postal mail,
and you don't write "HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" in postal mail
without looking like a jackass.

This is particularly important on mailing lists, becuase people often
ignore or respond to mail based on the subject. Whenever possible, the
subject should be a description of the problem at hand.

After all, isn't that what "subject" means?

--
Andrew Hesford
ajh3@chmod.ath.cx